HOME

Welcome to the site for News, Events and up-to-date Information on Traditional Catholicism in the West Midlands (UK). I am one of the Diocesan Representatives for the Latin Mass Society of England & Wales for the Promotion of the Traditional Roman Rite.

Monday 17 June 2013

Annuntio Vobis Gaudium Magnum: Habemus...

It has been just over a month since I was appointed the Latin Mass Society Representative for Birmingham and the Black Country but I have had so many events to post about I have not had time to properly introduce myself. Cardinal Tauran, who famously announced Pope Francis' election to the Papacy, was in Birmingham on Saturday as part of his duties as President of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue and so I thought it might be an appropriate time to reveal who I am, especially as I introduced myself in my new capacity to the Archbishop of Birmingham outside St Chad's Cathedral after a special Vespers for the occasion on Sunday (the occasion of course being the visit of Cardinal Tauran and not my appointment as Birmingham LMS rep):
Archbishop Bernard Longley and I (right)
His Grace and I were honoured to be in the presence of Radley Russell (centre left) who you may know from his roles in such BBC dramas as White Van Man and Doctors, not to mention his appearances as an extra in such acclaimed American series such as Desperate Housewives and The Wire. He also greeted the Pope Emeritus on behalf of the students of Newman University College at Cofton Park a few years ago, but managed to take time out of his busy schedule to be pictured with us.

Cardinal Tauran was reported to be unimpressed at my appointment.

"What do you mean they have appointed that idiot Louis as Birmingham LMS Representative? I must inform the Holy Father at once!"
The pictures are courtesy of Marcin Mazur, photographer to the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. If you meet him, can you remind him that he still owes Radley some photos from the Papal Visit.

I still plan to write to local members to introduce myself and the new Assistant Representative in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails