|Solemn Patronal High Mass 9th July 2011 at 12 noon|
Photo is of the first Mass in 2009
Since the summer of 2009, Mass has been celebrated on First Fridays at 7 pm. Last year the decision was taken to provide a Low Mass every Friday at 7 pm, and that is the current provision, plus occasional Solemn Masses.
Attendance at the Low Masses fluctuates somewhat, with an average attendance of about 12-14. The question has arisen whether it would be better, especially during winter, to celebrate this Mass earlier.
Requests have also been made for the provision of a Sunday Mass. Because of Fr’s workload and current agreements in the Deanery about Sunday Mass times, it would not be possible to provide a Sunday Mass earlier than 5.30 pm.
A desire has been expressed that a Sunday Mass be a Missa Cantata.
Consequently, you are invited to let Fr have your views on the following questions:
1. Would you prefer the Friday evening Mass to be celebrated at 6 pm instead of 7 pm? This might encourage people to come straight from work without going home first.
2. Would you be prepared to support a Mass on Sundays at 5.30 pm?
3. Would you be willing to sing in a schola at a Missa Cantata at 5.30 pm on Sundays?
4. If you have expertise in chant, would you be prepared to train a small schola to sing at a Sunday evening Mass?
5. Would you be willing to serve at a Sunday evening Mass?
Fr George would be prepared to say a Sunday evening Mass if upwards of 15 people are prepared to commit themselves to assist at it. Initially it would be on an experimental basis for say two months.
Thank you: your views are appreciated.
Fr George Grynowski
Parish Priest, St John Fisher West Heath
Friday, 10 June 2011.
Please leave your comments or email Father George at grynowski -at- aol -dot- co -dot- uk