HOME

Welcome to the site for News, Events and up-to-date Information on Traditional Catholicism in the West Midlands (UK). I am one of the Diocesan Representatives for the Latin Mass Society of England & Wales for the Promotion of the Traditional Roman Rite.

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Archbishop Bernard Longley


Today I was fortunate enough to be invited to attend the installation of the new Archbishop of Birmingham, Bernard Longley. I was in attendence in my capacity as Representative for the Latin Mass Society, and it was a wonderful opportunity. I have not time or the space on this blog to write a full report, but I shall do so in due course on Lacrimarum Valle.

"With faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the love of God in my heart, I accept the pastoral care of the People of God in the Archdiocese of Birmingham. I promise to serve faithfully the Church in this Archdiocese, preach the Gospel, and celebrate the Eucharist."
- Archbishop Bernard Longley accepting the Apostolic Letter at today's Installation

1 comment:

Joseph Shaw said...

Good for you, Matthew!

I was up to my ears in interviews for Oxford admissions, alas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails