HOME

Welcome to the site for News, Events and up-to-date Information on Traditional Catholicism in the West Midlands (UK). I am one of the Diocesan Representatives for the Latin Mass Society of England & Wales for the Promotion of the Traditional Roman Rite.

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Dedication of St Chad's

As I set about writing the Mass sheet for next sunday's Mass, I suddenly realise that in the Archdiocese of Birmingham, it is the Double of the First Class Feast (!) of the Dedication of St. Chad's Cathedral! There are some beautiful prayers in the common Mass for dedications, Terribilis. For example:
How wonderful are Thy tabernacles, O Lord of Hosts! My soul longeth and fainteth for the courts of the Lord. (Introit, Ps 83)

and I particularly like the Gospel, which appeals to a sinner (and avid tree-climber) like me!
But Zacheus standing, said to the Lord: "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have wronged any man of any thing, I restore him fourfold." Jesus said to him: "This day is salvation come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost". (Luke 19)

For some of my posts on our Cathedral, see my Lacrimarum Valle blog. We pray particularly at this time for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in our Church as a new Archbishop is selected for the Archdiocese.

1 comment:

Subfuscus said...

The Roman Missal of 1962 no longer recognises "doubles of the first class" - these were abolished by the Instruction "Rubricarum novarum" in 1960 to be replaced by classifications "first class", "second class", "third class", and "commemoration".

Related Posts with Thumbnails